Mildred Avenue K-8 School
Beginning in 2012, students completing grade 2 at the Ellison/Parks EEC will be assigned to Mildred Ave. for grade 3, creating a new K0–grade 8 program.
- New facility with large classrooms and bright colors
- Winner of the Do the Write Thing challenge in 2006 and 2008
- Gold Medal winner of statewide drama festival competition
- GEAR UP College Awareness Program for grades 7 and 8
- ISEE test preparation for entrance into exam schools
- Community Learning Initiative with Mattapan Public Library and Mildred Avenue Community Center
- Band, drama, vocal music, theatre, gym, swimming, visual arts, and dance
- Additional school partners: Opera Boston and Thompson Island.