All students receive weekly instruction in music, theater and fine arts, with opportunities to learn an instrument, sing in a chorus, or act in a play. The core values of Respect, Responsibility, Resourcefulness, Righteousness and Rigor are taught and celebrated throughout the school and the school year. We are dedicated to health and wellness and have beautiful facilities for recreation, exercise, and contemplation on our school grounds and within walking distance in the neighborhood.
The school is located in a quiet suburban neighborhood with proximity to parks, athletic fields, and environmental science sites. We are able to take advantage of the many resources of the Allston-Brighton community.
- Guaranteed assignment for students from the Baldwin ELPA and Winship.
Special academic programs
- Advanced Work Class for eligible students in grades 4-
- Emphasis on inclusion practices for students with disabilities
- Sheltered English Instruction (SEI) in all grades for students from 65 countries, speaking over 20 languages
- Harvard University, PlayBall, Boston College, Berklee College of Music, Wheelock College, City Connects, College Success Academy/ Steppingstone Foundation, Jackson Mann Community Center, New England SCORES
Before and after school programs in our building:
- Before school: On site, run by Jackson/Mann Community Center for students in K1-grade
- After school: Jackson/Mann Community Center, College Success Academy, America SCORES Boston soccer and writing, rowing sports; Strong Women Strong Girls, Science Club, Debate Mate, Playworks Junior Coach program