5 Steps to Preparing you School for the PARCC Assessments
1. Familiarize yourself with the changes from paper-based to online assessments.
Compare traditional question types to online assessments using this question mapping tool for elementary students and middle-school students.
2. Give staff & students a practice test in the testing platform.
Visit the PARCC Practice Test site to take samples for ELA or Math.
3. Familiarize staff & students with accessibility and accommodation features.
View the full accessibility manual here or take a practice test using large print, TTS, accommodated screen reader, ASL, or Braille versions by visiting the practice test page.
4. Prepare students by walking them through the PARCC tutorial prior to the actual assessment.
Visit TestNav tutorial page to practice in the TestNav app.
5. Encourage students to practice typing at home and at school.
Visit the Typing page to find free typing resources for elementary or middle grades.