Together, we are re-imagining and renewing Boston’s public school infrastructure to provide a brighter future for every student in every neighborhood.
The first phase of BuildBPS engagement begins over the next two months. BPS will host open houses, office hours and more, to help share the tools and information fathered during BuildBPS. Join us and ask questions and share your feedback and ideas about BuildBPS. Learn more below…
* The neighborhood workshop phase of engagement will begin in May.
Events and Community Engagement Opportunities
Ways to engage in April or May
- Individual School Meetings: Every school site council and school governing board will hold a meeting for their school community, to discuss their individual's school building's assessment as well as BuildBPS overall.
- BuildBPS Office Hours: Members of the BuildBPS management team will host office hours for the public to come in and ask questions, get a tutorial on using the Data Dashboard, and learn more about BuildBPS in general. * If you are unable to come in person, we can also arrange to setup a phone call. Send us a note through the comment section at the bottom of the page, to setup a call.
- Co-Host a Meeting: Are you a part of a group that would like to learn more about BuildBPS? We'll come to you and together, host a BuildBPS info session!
- BuildBPS Information Session/Community Conversation: Join the BuildBPS team to learn more about the report. There will be a presentation providing an overview of the report, tutorials on how to use the Data Dashboard, and the opportunity to ask any questions you may have!
Sign up to Co-Host a BuildBPS Information Session
Are you interested in co-hosting a BuildBPS info session? If so, we've got good new... we'll come to you, provide a tutorial for the Data Dashboard, walk the group through the report, and answer any questions you may have. Whether you're a community group, student group, teacher who wants to lead a discussion in class, or more, sign up below!
* Beginning in May we will start the next round of engagement which will primarily be neighborhood workshops. These forums will enable students, parents, staff, and residents to share their experiences, ideas, and concerns. Most importantly, the workshops will include facilitated problem-solving sessions to engage stakeholders and help prioritize investments and propose solutions. There will be co-host opportunities for these as well.
COMMUNITY SIGN UP SCHOOL HOST SIGN UP
Sign Up for BuildBPS Emails
Sign up for periodic e-news and announcements about BuildBPS.
Ask a question, share your thoughts, tell us your ideas!